My Daily Routine



Morning routines are extremely important, they set the mood and the pace for our day. Although some days are better than others there are things you can do every morning to be productive. I have seven things I do every morning before I even attempt to start my day. The most important thing to remember is to not put too much pressure on yourself. Start your day at a slow and steady pace and you will have a much smoother day.

Make Bed

The first thing I do every morning is to make the bed as soon as I get up. This is non-negotiable. I love the fact that I accomplish something as soon as I wake up. I actually blame my mom for this one. My brother and I were not allowed to leave our rooms as kids until our beds were made. It worked, it's still the first thing I do every day.

Coffee and Breakfast

My brain will not work without coffee. Lots of coffee! I drink my coffee and eat breakfast which typically consists of a bowl of grits or a waffle with peanut butter.

Bible Study and Prayer Time

Next on the list is my bible study and prayer time over another cup of coffee. I really don’t put a time limit on this or anything else in my morning routine. I never rush my morning routine simply because I don’t want to start my day with anxiety. Mornings are meant to run slow and smooth as far as I am concerned.

Meditation

Meditation is next on my list. I enjoy guided meditations simply because they tend to help me stay focused and focus on my breathing.

Exercise

Honestly, some days are better than others but I try to include a gentle flow yoga and /or a quick cardio workout every morning to get my body moving and to give me a steady energy flow that lasts all day.

Self Care

My self care routine in the morning is pretty simple. Shower, hair, makeup, get dressed for the day. Even though most of my days are spent in the comfort of my home I always make sure I’m dressed nice and have my hair, makeup, and nails done. It’s a southern thing I’m guessing not really sure but I was raised that no matter what you should always look your best.

Once I’m ready to take on the day I sit down to journal. You can pick up a journal at your local Dollar Tree ( love the Dollar Tree for stationery supplies) I start every entry with three things I’m grateful for and it always puts me in a better/ blessed state of mind.

Write Out To-Do List

This is where I decide what absolutely has to be done that day. I really try not to plan out every minute of the day. I start with the most important tasks for the day. Doctor appointments, grocery shopping ( I prefer shopping during the week in the mornings when it's less crowded), running errands for my parents, cleaning, meal planning, gardening, writing, planning and scheduling social media, checking in on family, friends, sending out birthday cards ( I told you I love stationary) and then anything else that I might need to do that particular day. Anything that doesn’t get done I simply add to the next day’s list. I have discovered as I have gotten older to slow down and take care of myself and that I don’t need to be running non-stop. If you are running non-stop I suggest you step back, slow down, and take some time for yourself.

Follow me on

Twitter

Instagram

Threads

Pinterest

Comments

  1. What a lovely daily routine. I'm with you that mornings should start slow and help you ease gently into your day. Typically my mornings are made of journaling, some form or movement: walk, yoga, dancing around, sometimes reading or writing and then I get ready for the day with shower, and skincare before having breakfast and watching YouTube or listening to an audio book before I head to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this reminded me that I need to get into a bit of a better routine going in the morning. I used to have one but think I need to adapt it a bit more to suit me right now. Yours sound like a good one—I agree with needing some coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Birds A Birdwatcher Discovers the Sunshine State by Ken Janes Book Review

The Art of Homemaking